Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pacquiao-Clottey, and Pacquiao-Morales IV Pacquiao should be ashamed of sparring a 0-6 fighter

January 29th, 2010 | by Quentin Reed

“Don’t listen to their words, fix your attention on their deeds.” —Albert Einstein

So I wake up this morning on this beautiful sunny day in Southern California doing my normal daily routine. A routine that consisted of me signing online checking the OfficialScoreCard web site, my GMail, Twitter, & Face Book accounts just like any other day. Then after I checked those sites I went to BoxingScene.com and to my surprise I see a headline entitled “Manny Pacquiao Gives His Sparring Partner a Beating”.

I was anxious to read the article because I wanted to hear exaclty what kind of damage it was that Manny inflicted on this “sparring partner”. Apparently “Pacquiao dished out a beating to Brooks” claimed Freddie Roach and on the surface it appeared as if Manny Pacquiao had just destroyed a top prospect or legitimate contender. But waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt a minute boys & girls, if you actually look through the “SMOKE SCREENS” blown out by Team Pacquiao, you will see that Bryan Brooks is no more than an 0-6-1 fighter who has been knocked out twice in his minimal career by 2 fighters who were fighting in their pro debuts.

On top of all that, Brooks hasn’t fought in 5 years. His last fight was in 2005 in which he fought to a draw.

Wait it gets better, Brooks was born in September of 1970. Now I am no Calculus Major, but if my math serves me correctly, Brooks should be 39 years of age quickly approaching the tender age of 40.

Why would Freddie Roach release statements to the media about Manny beating up a sparring partner of this caliber? Is this really news?

Are we supposed to bow down and praise Manny Pacquiao for beating up a guy in sparring with a record of 0-6-1 and hasn’t been in a proffesional fight in 5 years. Also, Brooks has never been in a proffesional fight longer than 4 rounds.

Is Team Pacquiao THAT desperate to get attention to the Pacquiao-Clottey fight that they have to make Pacquiao’s sparring sessions seem larger than life?

Maybe Top Rank & the rest of Team Pac are realizing the fight everyone is now interested in is the Mayweather-Mosley fight and they are grasping at straws trying to get any attention they possibly can?

0 comments: